Dear Praying Friends,
We would like to ask for your special prayers for this next week. We are to go to Johannesburg for Caleb's visa. The medical exam is scheduled for Monday and the actual visa interview is on Thursday. We don't know how long it will be before we receive the visa.
- Pray for wisdom as we gather and fill out all the forms and necessary paperwork. Some of the forms are very long and require a lot of supporting documents.
- Pray for our protection as we travel and stay in Johannesburg. Parts of this huge city are dangerous.
- Pray for clear communication and understanding between us and embassy officials, especially regarding whether we are exempt from filling an affidavit of support. The type of adoption and visa application we are doing is not common, and we have seen several times already that embassy staff aren't that familiar with the process.
- Pray that the visa will come quickly. From what we understand, the embassy will keep his passport until a decision has been made. The passport will be returned by a courier service. Until we get his passport back we can't go home to Lesotho.
- Praise the Lord that we have successfully gotten this far in a long journey! God has helped us with many steps already!
Thank you so much for praying! We are trusting in God!
Glenn, Stephanie, Kaitlyn, Kristell, & Caleb Gault